Mental Health / Secure Patient Transport in the South of England.
BM Ambulance Service have gained the expertise in the transportation of patients detained under the Mental Health Act. Our mental health vehicles are fitted with Home Office Category B cells and choice of seating layouts to allow our staff to deliver a quality, patient focused service that is always safe and secure.
We deliver services using a dedicated mental health team consisting of specifically trained staff and purpose built vehicles.
Please fill in a BOOKING FORM – This is required for every patient we move.
We offer a 24 hour service, however notice will be required if the transport requires a RMN (Mental Health Nurse)
Would you like to take a tour around a secure transport? Have a look around here (will open in a different window)
Our Staff have the following qualifications/training.
- Full enhanced DBS
- Minimum Ambulance Care Assistant
- One team member will have blue light training
- Mental Health Awareness
- Breakaway Training
- Control and Restraint Training
- Handcuff Training
- Minimum 12 monthly BLS checked
Our Secure unit has on board:
- 24 hours Live tracking
- CCTV recording to cover staff and patient
- IPC equipment (Infection Prevention Control)
- First Aid Equipment
- Covert Blue lights
- No Livery (discreet)
- Fitted with a Category B Home office approved cell for securing high risk patients