This qualification forms part of the QA Manual Handling suite of qualifications. The qualification and learning outcomes are based on:
- National Occupational Standards (NOS) related to the safe moving of people
- Recommendations of good practice outlined by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
This qualification explains the principles and practice of safer handling of people and objects. It outlines the reasons for safer manual handling, the legal requirements, the process of completing risk assessments to reduce the risk of harm and the additional considerations if the load you are moving is a person. Learners will have the opportunity to practice the principles of safer handling of people and objects when using equipment, on their own and as part of a team. This qualification specification provides information for Centers about the delivery of the QA Level 2 Award in
Moving People Safely (RQF) and includes the unit information, assessment methods and quality assurance arrangements.
This qualification contains 2 mandatory units with a Total Qualification Time (TQT) of 14 hours.
Learners must complete all assessments in both units successfully within the registration period to achieve the qualification. The maximum period to achieve this qualification, including any referrals is 6 weeks. TQT is the total number of hours required for a Learner to achieve this qualification. It has 2 elements:
• Guided Learning Hours (GLH) is the time a Learner is being taught and assessed under the immediate guidance of a Trainer/Assessor, which for this qualification is 12 GLH (minimum), and
• The number of hours a Learner will reasonably be likely to spend in preparation and study, including assessment, as directed by, but not under the immediate guidance or supervision of a Trainer, e.g. precourse reading, which for this qualification is 2 hours Class size maximum:
12 Learners (1 Trainer) Validity:
This qualification is for ideal for people who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves assisting and moving people. It is suitable:
- As an introduction to those starting work which involves moving people
- For those returning to work where moving people is required
- As safety refresher training
- The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
To Awarded this qualification the Learner must pass the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the MCQ paper. Course Cost £75 + VAT (£90 Including VAT) Check out our Course Dates